How to participate
Every pushup counts so don’t be shy to show your support for our veterans. You can do as many or few pushups as you can or choose. Whether it’s 1 or 100 in a row, we will accept them however they come. They can be assisted (on your knees), incline (on a desk/wall), or if you physically are unable to do any, we’ll even take air pushups. They all count towards the goal as long as you follow the instructions below.
1. Record a video of yourself doing the pushups
In the beginning of the video, make an introduction stating:
- Your NAME (and name of any organization that you may want to represent)
- WHY are you pushing or WHO are you are pushing for?
2. Upload the video
You can post directly to our page, or on your own page and tag us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
3. Add the hashtags “#” in your post!
#(insert a number here)pushups #22KILL
Add these two hashtags into your post on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram, or in the video title on YouTube. The hashtags ensure that your pushups are picked up by our counter.
- If you did 5 pushups: “#5pushups for #22KILL”
- If you did 22 pushups: “#22pushups for #22KILL”
- If a group of 10 people did 22 each: “#220pushups for #22KILL“
4. Now post it!
Things you can do:
- Do the pushups by yourself
- Get a group together to do the pushups; Companies, sports teams, schools, etc.
- Be creative; Use unique settings, styles, props, etc. Include whatever or whomever you want.
- Post as many videos as frequently as you’d like, as long as they are not duplicates and you follow the same rules/guidelines for each video.